9.27.2006

More of the Devil......

On my September 24 post, I talked about Rush Limbaugh calling Tom Daschle "The Devil" as I was talking about right-wing outrage of Hugo Chavez's "El Diablo" remark in front of the United Nations.

Well, in a reportedly "tongue-in-cheek" remark at the recent "Value Voters Summit" (which could have very well been named the "Summit for people who love the baby Jesus and vote according to what extreme evangelical bullies tell them"), everyone's favorite Christian - Jerry Falwell - made the following statement:

"I hope she's the candidate," Falwell said, "because nothing will energize my constituency like Hillary Clinton. If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't."

So these loving, caring, love-your-neighbor-unless-she-happens-to-be-Hillary-Clinton Christians would rally around the defeat of Hillary Clinton before rallying around the defeat of Lucifer?!?!

But when you combine Hugo Chavez's U.N. remarks and the 2004 evangelical vote, I guess they already did.

More info:
ABC provided no Clinton response to Falwell's "Lucifer" comparison and no rebuttal to Perkins's smear of Dems

No comments: